Ways to Improve Your Web Design to Increase Sales
The key to success of any Internet project is its design and usability. Whatever the results of website promotion, you will always receive minimal returns from it if it is not convenient and does not inspire the confidence of visitors. Therefore, before ordering services to promote the site, we strongly recommend that you consult a specialist in site design, which will significantly increase sales.
A good site generates an endless stream of leads and sales in the long run. Design is the first thing a client sees, a starting point in a chain of big sales.
Nowadays, such a thing as design is unlikely to raise a question from someone. For our part, we want to highlight the main points in the design of the site that characterize it as high-quality:
- Uniqueness. Personally, we are categorically against ready-made templates and would not undertake such a project.
- Identifiability. The site design should reflect the direction of the company and consistent with the corporate identity.
- Attractiveness. It is determined by many necessary conditions. The graphic part must be performed at a high level. Texts must be imposed carefully. Pages are recommended to be layout in the same style on a predetermined grid.
The main task in developing the site design is to inspire the confidence of visitors, which is why a professional designer should be able to deal with them, who is able to outline the topics of your business.
If you are offered site development on a ready-made template, paid or free, do not agree to this. Remember, design must be unique and recognizable in the first place.
In addition to design, usability, which is directly related to it, has a large role in sales. Usability includes such concepts as: usability of the site, conveying the necessary information to visitors, useful services.
For each site, one of the most important roles is its navigation. The menu should be noticeable, convenient and cross-browser. It is advisable to accompany navigation with graphic elements. It is also recommended to use the path on the site when the user has the opportunity to go back.
Clear and convenient navigation, useful site tools, highlighting important information, this is what makes the Internet project successful.
Top 6 Ways To Increase Sales With Improved Web Design
1. Responsive design
A good responsive website design will help you increase sales for your business. Responsive design will allow your site to adapt to any device. Therefore, if a consumer visits your site using a smartphone, the responsive design ensures that your site adapts to a smaller screen or to a larger one if you access it from a laptop or computer.
According to statistics, 37% of users often buy on mobile responsive sites, so you should consider integrating responsive design into your site.
2. Outstanding CTA
To increase sales through web design, you also need to focus on CTA (Call to Action).
When, after familiarizing themselves with your product or service, visitors want to take the next step and purchase it, they will search for the CTA button. If your calls to action do not stand out on the page or do not tell your audience how to proceed, then you can skip sales.
Having a convenient website design, your CTAs will stand out on the page and provide detailed information about what happens when they click the button. Therefore, instead of calling for action labeled “Click here,” you can use a more descriptive option, such as “Click here to sign up for a free trial!”
By developing calls to action that are easy to find and attract your audience, you will get more consumers who click on them, which will lead to increased sales for the business.
3. Quality images
If you want to increase sales, focus on using high-quality visual elements. They play an important role in attracting an audience to a page.
You run the risk of pushing the audience away from participating in your site if you have different blocks of text on the page and you even have nothing to separate them from. Walls of text can be overwhelming, forcing users to bounce off your site.
Moreover, if your images are of poor quality, your visitors will not be able to see them. This can negatively affect their impression of your site and may even make consumers perceive your site as unreliable.
Good web design includes high-quality visual effects that will help improve the user experience. You can use videos, photos or graphics to add a visual part to your site.
4. Organized navigation
Using organized navigation, visitors can more easily and quickly find your services or products, which will increase the likelihood of their sale.
It will be much more convenient for your visitors to find relevant information if you organize everything correctly. Use broad categories and create appropriate subcategories below them.
5. Empty space
Many business companies make the mistake of filling their entire site with visual effects or information. Such an overload of the website can make it more overwhelming and distracting for your audience.
Empty space is the basis of good design, which allows you to have a clean site and focus your audience on important information.
6. Website Acceleration
Did you know that slow sites bring $ 2.6 billion in annual losses?
If your website does not load quickly, then you risk skipping sales. But with web design, you can improve download times and increase your company’s sales.
To see the current loading time of your website, you can enter your URL in Google PageSpeed Insights and see the current loading time of your website. If your site does not meet the requirements, you can take advantage of Google’s offers and try to improve your site so that it loads faster.
How website design affects user behavior
Many site owners are not sure what matters to their audience in the context of web design. Others simply do not understand whether it is worth updating the web platform and how appropriate such a step is. This is natural, since terabytes of profile information that search engines give out on this issue can only be studied and processed by the same robots.
Design and layout
- 48% of people called site design the number one factor in deciding whether to trust a business;
- 2/3 of people prefer to read a beautifully designed article than plain text;
- 38% of people will stop studying the site if the content seems to them unattractive;
- the owner of the web resource has 10 seconds to convey important information about the platform and leave the right impression about it; if this is not done or done over a longer period of time, they will leave;
- web design overloaded with ad units, colorful fonts and inappropriate images is no better – three-quarters of visitors click the return button after going to this page.
The appearance of the pages is of utmost importance to users. Imagine that you are inspecting a new house or apartment that you intend to purchase or rent. If it looks like a dump or is outdated, what is the likelihood that you will go to view another object?
It’s not that this is the only factor that is important for users, it makes them feel comfortable and creates a certain confidence in the resource. This does not mean that you need the chips and fantastic graphics that are available on reliable corporate sites to establish trusted contacts. But it is very important that you constantly update your site and keep it in excellent condition.
Page Download Speed
- many users form their opinion about the site in terms of page loading speed; they only need 0.5 seconds to do this;
- 47% of people expect a web page to load in 2 seconds or less;
- 39% of people, as a rule, stop interacting with the site if the images do not load or start to load for more than 8 seconds.
Users are becoming more advanced every day. They want to satisfy their needs in an instant and know that most sites will load quickly. If loading the page takes too much time, they simply leave it and move on to the next one in the search results.
If you want a web resource to be in demand, first make sure that you can attract the user’s attention as quickly as possible, and immediately inform him that they will find exactly what they are looking for on your site. With PageSpeed, you can check the loading speed of your site.
- 47% of site visitors check the company’s products and services page before viewing other sections of the site;
- after visiting the company’s homepage 64% of users want to see contact information;
- 44% of site visitors will leave the site if they do not find the feedback form, mail, phone or other contact information.
The content of your site is of utmost importance to users. They want to be able to quickly and easily find the information they need. Do not use “sheets” of text, break it into paragraphs and semantic blocks. Also, set visual accents, use lists, quotes, tables, and other formatting attributes. You need to divide the content into small parts, the contents of each of which will be clear from the header. This will give users a sense of control over the process and significantly save their time.
- 62% of companies that developed their sites for mobile platforms increased sales after launch;
- 40% of people will choose another site in the search if the one they visited is not suitable for viewing from mobile devices;
- 48% of users believe that if the company’s website is not adapted for viewing on mobile gadgets, this can be considered as a lack of customer care, which negatively affects consumer confidence;
- 2 out of 3 minutes spent on the Internet, users use mobile devices;
- 90% of people constantly use screens of different resolutions.
As mobile technology evolves, users are increasingly interacting with mobile sites. Although laptops and desktop computers are still in demand, smartphones are quickly catching up with them, and in some segments they are already ahead.
Make sure that the mobile site is not only functional, but also attractive. It’s not enough just to fill it with content. Analyze the interests of the target audience, think about how users interact with smartphones, laptops, tablets and make the necessary changes to make browsing as comfortable as possible.